Measuring the metrics that matter
We combine key industry-standard metrics into a single score that quantifies a link's ability to influence rankingsFind out more
Could that box of toy cars in your loft be worth thousands? We put together a database of collectable toy cars that have skyrocketed in value since their beginnings as humble toys.
1. Achieve top-tier, authoritative, editorially valid links that increase site authority.
2. Achieve linked coverage with a minimum LinkScore of 5,000 points.
3. Maintain the client’s number one ranking position for car insurance.
4. Support and increase brand recognition efforts through coverage, social and print.
In order to meet our objective of achieving high authority links to our client, we needed to create a campaign with a broad editorial appeal. As the popularity of TV programmes such as Cash in The Attic can tell us, the general public loves the idea of old, nostalgic possessions turning out to be extremely valuable. This campaign focused on the value of toy cars and reached out to that hopeful part of all of us.
As this is a niche subject we needed an expert to give our campaign credibility. We approached an expert with more than 20 years of experience in toy car valuations to help us with the campaign.
We targeted top-tier publications in both the US and UK with a range of angles including “could you have money stashed away”? and also celebrating the 50th anniversary of Hot Wheels and the 65th anniversary of Matchbox cars.
• An informative and thought-provoking piece of content that was stacked full of angles
• 694 linking root domains from some of the biggest authority sites including; The Sun, The Daily Mail, Business Insider, The Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Mental Floss, MSN, Readers Digest The Star, Indy Star, JS Online, The Yorkshire Post, The Daily Star, The Herald Scotland, The Scotsman, Wheels 24, Baltimore Sun, LA Times, The San Diego Tribune, Orlando Sentinel, and This is Money
• A LinkScore of 34,385 points
• Over 2.2 million views
• Over 22,000 shares on social media through coverage as well as through the campaign page itself
• We maintained GoCompare at position one for “Car Insurance” (hero keyword with 675k searches per month), “Car Insurance Online” (2k searches a month) moved from position 61 to four, and “Best Car Insurance” (8.1k searches a month) moved from position 13 to nine
Share this campaign