Measuring the metrics that matter
We combine key industry-standard metrics into a single score that quantifies a link's ability to influence rankingsFind out more
Which actors, directors and studios have made the most profitable movies? We analysed four decades of film data to see what makes a box office hit.
1. Achieve a minimum LinkScore of 4,000 points.
2. Increase organic visibility by 25%.
3. Increase non-branded organic traffic by 35%.
We analysed the top 100 films over the past four decades to discover the return on investment for every single one. We did this to determine which actors, directors and studios deliver the movies with the greatest return on investment domestically. By doing this we were able to ascertain which individuals, gender and genres have the best return.
The outcome was:
• Simple – We’ve uncovered which actors, directors and studios are most profitable
• Unexpected – Emilio Estevez tops the table as the most profitable actor
• Concrete – We tell you exactly how actors, directors, and studios compare with each other
• Wide-ranging – By cutting the data in a variety of ways we were able to generate a number of stories from just one campaign
By putting these stories together in a series of shareable, interactive graphs we were confident that we would get a LOT of coverage – and we weren’t wrong!
• An original asset that covered multiple angles and exceeded our client’s expectations
• 103 linking root domains from some of the biggest authority sites including; Yahoo, AOL, Forbes, iHeart, DailyMail, EOnline, FastCompany, Daily Telegraph, NME, Grazia, and Huffington Post
• A LinkScore of 8,281 points
• 1,468,327 campaign views
• Over 6,447 shares on social media through coverage as well as through the campaign page itself (Twitter data counted until they implemented tracking changes)
• This campaign also received a plethora of offline coverage in print newspapers, radio and on TV
• We achieved an increase in organic visibility of 53% (more than double our target)
• We achieved an increase in non-branded organic traffic of 69% (almost double our target)
• ‘Casino’ is a hero term in our client’s (PartyCasino) market – it’s searched 74k times a month on Google in the UK. When we started working with PartyCasino, for that term they were ranked at position 17, occasionally appearing at position 24. By 25th January (towards the end of our engagement with them), they moved to position 10, climbing to page one for the first time ever
Share this campaign