Measuring the metrics that matter
We combine key industry-standard metrics into a single score that quantifies a link's ability to influence rankingsFind out more
Would you be surprised to learn that Dublin is the world's vegan capital? We trawled through TripAdvisor to find out which cities contain the greatest proportion of highly rated restaurants for specific cuisines, occasions and dietary requirements.
1. Generate high authority links.
2. Increase organic search rankings, thus increasing traffic.
We began our analysis with a seed list of the 50 most-visited cities in the world. We then scraped TripAdvisor between 30 July 2019 and 1 August 2019 to find the cities with the highest proportion of a particular restaurant's cuisine (or dietary requirement or theme), and the highest proportion of high-quality restaurant cuisines. Restaurants were counted as ‘high-quality’ if they received 4.5 stars or above on TripAdvisor.
Through our research, we were able to uncover interesting and little-known facts about some of the most popular cities in the world, such as that Cancun is the best place to eat Italian food, Las Vegas serves the best Japanese food, and Prague is best for Indian! We also enabled journalists to write listing articles, the most popular being about the most vegan-friendly cities in the world.
Combine all this interesting content with our on-point designs and this piece was always destined to go viral!
• A unique and interesting campaign that tapped into the general interests of the British public, especially travellers and foodies
• 77 linking root domains from some of the biggest authority sites including; Forbes, Business Insider, Huffington Post, MSN, Yahoo Finance, The Irish Times, Statista and Sunday Times South Africa
• Around 821,674 total views
• A LinkScore of 5,161 points
• Over 11,000 social shares from some high profile accounts
Share this campaign