Measuring the metrics that matter
We combine key industry-standard metrics into a single score that quantifies a link's ability to influence rankingsFind out more
A recent poll of business travellers found that a lack of sleep is often cited as one of the worst things about their jobs, and this may be to do with the noise and din of city centres. After analysing more than half a million reviews on ‘external noise’ for hotels around the world, we discovered which cities are the loudest and quietest.
1. Generate high authority links.
2. Increase organic search rankings, thus increasing traffic.
We scraped every hotel in every city included in our study on Booking.com and analysed for the proportion of ‘loud’ or ‘quiet’ mentions in every review. To provide a balanced analysis, hotels without reviews for both loudness and quietness were excluded from the final sample. Over 10,000 hotels and 500,000 hotel reviews in more than 200 cities were included in our research, enabling us to create a piece that was not only reliable and accurate but interesting and informative.
• A reliable and informative creative campaign that gave journalists a huge amount to talk about, delivering both local, national and global coverage.
• 252 linking root domains (and still counting) from some of the biggest authority sites
including; USA Today, The Scotsman, The Yorkshire Post, The Edinburgh News and The
• Around 274,848 total views
• A LinkScore of 3,527 points
Share this campaign