Measuring the metrics that matter
We combine key industry-standard metrics into a single score that quantifies a link's ability to influence rankingsFind out more
Did you know there are over 56 officially recognised local dialects in England? From Scouse to Brummie down to Kentish and Bristolian, most Brits with a keen ear can pick up on the different variations. How well do you know your Geordie from your Lancastrian accent though?
We built The Accent Map to allow users to test their knowledge in a fun and interactive way, as well as browse through the range of accents across the land. This fun and quirky campaign reminds users of the stark variations between the regions across the UK.
1. Achieve top-tier, authoritative, editorially valid links that increase site authority.
2. Generate traffic and views whilst increasing organic visibility for the client’s UK & Ireland Holidays, Weekend Breaks and Hotels page.
3. Deliver LinkScore results of over 1,000 points.
If you ask a tourist to do their best impression of an English accent, you’re likely to either be treated to the Queen’s English or an East-End Cockney accent. We discovered that there are actually over 56 officially recognised local dialects in England. Most Brits with a keen ear would claim to be able to recognise most accents, so we felt the time had come to put everyone to the test!
We created a fun and quirky interactive Accent Map which allowed users to browse through audio clips of accents across Britain as well as test their own knowledge. We worked on a kick-ass outreach strategy to create some ‘buzz’ around the campaign in advance of the launch which resulted in a surge of links.
• A LinkScore of 6,701 points
• 74 links from the largest authority sites, including; Mashable, The Sun, Telegraph, Visit Britain, Daily Mail, Belfast Telegraph, BBC, and The Independent
• In one day alone the campaign delivered 23,585 page views to the Expedia UK site and 310,431 page views in total
• More than 250,000 unique users from over 200 different countries making over 1.2 million Accent Map guesses
Share this campaign