Job Title: Data analyst/ data storyteller
Salary: Up to 34k per annum
Location: London (in-office 3x days per week, remote 2x days per week)
About Verve Search:
Verve Search, part of the Omnicom Media Group UK, is an industry leader in the world of SEO, Content Marketing and Digital PR. Our SEO services combine creativity and technical expertise to help brands rank higher on search engines.
Our experienced team of creatives and outreach specialists produce compelling, story-driven content that helps brands to be seen, spoken about and searched for online through the process of link building and PR (achieving linked coverage in the most relevant and authoritative websites around the world).
Working at Verve in this role means being part of a multicultural, international team, where you will consistently work on exciting creative projects that are driven by data.
We are looking for a data analyst or data journalist who can source, collect, clean and analyse datasets to create newsworthy stories and content for the press.
Your primary focus will be to work in our production team, and alongside our creative team and outreach team to follow research briefs and create content that is driven by data storytelling.
You should be able to find interesting trends and statistics within datasets and advise other team members in this area. You should be able to manage and manipulate large datasets through Microsoft Excel or other related software. You should be able to source and scrape data from other websites, either with Python (preferred) or another relevant programming language.
We’re a team of storytellers who work with data every day, so you will also be fully supported in developing your statistics into newsworthy stories, which fit our clients in a range of sectors, such as beauty, design, lifestyle and sports.
We encourage applicants of all experience levels. But having an ability to scrape and analyse data and being able to identify newsworthy statistics is going to set you apart from other applicants.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to contribute towards creating amazing content that goes on to make national and international news headlines. You’ll quickly develop an impressive portfolio of data-driven, creative projects that get seen by tens of thousands of people.
You will be supported in developing skills in whichever area of the company interests you most, including: data analysis, data visualisation, data storytelling, technical SEO, PR and content marketing strategy. We want to create roles based on our team’s strengths and interests, and we are committed to helping you carve out your desired career path.
- Taking on internal briefs and researching data-led projects from start to finish to deliver stories, with support from our creatives, outreach team, and researchers
- Presenting your findings in data reviews, and suggesting and brainstorming with the team on different ways to tell a data-led story
- Handing over your research to our designers, and advising them on the best ways to visualise your findings
- Handing over your research to our outreach team, and advising them on the best angles and stories within your work
- Testing campaigns before they launch from a data analyst’s perspective
- Identifying primary and secondary data sources to support projects, and to add to a larger data bank
- Identifying and delivering new tools, advanced data analysis and data combinations/analysis that can help you and the team
- Occasionally promoting yourself and the company with blog posts that articulate your work and processes. If you would like to develop public speaking skills and thought leadership, we will also help you all of the way with that, but it is not essential to the role or your development.
- Experienced enough in Python (preferable) to scrape and analyse data, but applicants who are able to do the job with other programming languages would be welcome
- Willingness to develop skills and knowledge in programming language
- A relevant degree qualification, such as computer science, statistics, data journalism, journalism, marketing or PR AND/ OR a portfolio of work that demonstrates the ability to do the job role is welcome (e.g. examples of personal data-driven story projects, content creation)
- Able to clean and analyse data in either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent attention to detail, written and numerical skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- A logical thinker who regularly solves problems independently, but isn’t afraid to ask for a second opinion and take on board constructive feedback
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and has good personal organisation
- Inquisitive, enjoys asking questions and challenging assumptions
- We love to hear from people with any of the following interests: data analysis, data visualisation, data storytelling, data science, journalism, artificial intelligence PR, SEO – the job can often cover all of these aspects!
What we can offer you:
- A salary of up to £34,000 (dependant on experience, again, we encourage applicants of all experience levels to apply)
- Career progression within the agency based on strengths and interests, which can include ongoing training in data analysis, data visualisation, technical SEO, content marketing and digital PR.
- You will be working in a close-knit team, whilst being part of a worldwide media group
- 27 days of holiday plus bank holidays, and a day off on your birthday
- Regular, voluntary initiatives to work for our chosen charity
- Private medical care (upon completion of 3-month probationary period)
- Life assurance
- Free eye test and spectacle vouchers
- Gym discounts local to our Bankside office
- Early finish on Fridays (4pm)
- Hybrid working options (2x days remote + 3x days in-office), upon return to the office, which based in Bankside, London
- Complimentary breakfasts in our office canteen each day
- A complimentary MacBook while you work with us
- Competitive maternity/paternity packages
- Contributory pension scheme enrolment
Verve Search celebrates diversity and we encourage people from all backgrounds, communities and industries to apply for this role.
To apply: send us an email with your CV and a note about why you want the job at firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruiters for now, thanks.