JOB ALERT: We’re hiring a Head of SEO
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Please send job applications to email@example.com
Verve Search is an agency driven by creativity, passion and big ideas and your role here as The Head of SEO will be a big part of our continued success. The following description highlights what is expected in terms of your responsibilities and contribution to the agency.
Reporting and close collaboration
This is a senior appointment reporting directly to the Managing Director. You will also be expected to work closely with the CEO and Head of Innovation in shaping the agency’s overall SEO Strategy.
As you are the custodian of ensuring our SEO Strategy is delivered to all our clients, you will also work closely with the Account Management Team, as well as the Head of Creative to ensure our work delivers the value clients’ are expecting from us.
Strategy & Technical SEO
You are responsible for all aspects of the Agency’s technical SEO strategy – thinking outside the box and being 10 steps ahead of competitors:
- Driving the SEO strategy for our clients.
- Performing and overseeing the team’s performance of SEO analysis for our clients.
- Working closely with the CEO and Management Team to continually develop, test and challenge the core principles behind the agency’s SEO practices.
- Continually thinking about and trying to improve the way we communicate the value of what we do, for our clients.
You are responsible for managing all aspects of the Technical SEO Team including:
- Recruitment and training of new members of staff.
- Inducting and onboarding new staff (including helping to induct new staff from other teams)
- Performance reviews and the setting and monitoring of KPIs.
- Working towards making the SEO team the best they can be.
The agency has an ambitious growth plan and the Head of SEO is a big role to play with:
- Working closely with the new business team to understand the potential new client’s business and contribute to the preparation of a coherent SEO Strategy.
- Supporting the team with various analyses for meetings and presentations
- Contributing at pitch meetings, presentations and proposals.
Working with the account management team to:
- Ensure we’re delivering on our client’s objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value of what we do to our clients.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and the potential impact on clients.
- Reacting quickly to negative site performance, diagnosing issues and making recommendations for remedial action.
- Working with the senior management and account management team to build enduring partnerships of trust with our clients.
Client Work and Campaigns
- Leading the preparation of analyses and recommendations for our clients, including technical, on-page and off-page.
- Tracking and monitoring progress of each client’s site performance (rankings, traffic, CTR and conversion).
- Looking for new opportunities to add value to clients.
- Working with the production team to ensure all campaigns comply with SEO Best practice.
- Helping to shape the collation of results and prepare well-thought out, concise presentations for quarterly and annual reviews.
To help us stay ahead of the game, contributing towards the ongoing education of others in the agency, on things such as:
- How to use our SEO Tools, and get the most out of them.
- General principles of SEO.
- Algorithm updates and the potential impact this may have on current client strategies.
- General industry news.
Research and Development
- Working closely with the CEO and Senior Management Team to continually develop, test and challenge the way we do things.
- Suggest and contribute to the development of new tools which help us achieve ours, and our clients, objectives.
Representing the Company
- Representing Verve at industry events.
- Speaking at conferences and events.
- Promoting Verve through posts on our blog and other social media channels.
- Be an analytical thinker who can make swift decisions, adapt to changes while staying the course and deliver results.
- Be a hands-on, action-oriented executive with the ability to understand client goals and how they translate in SEO strategy.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and stay calm under pressure.
- Be a total team player, with positivity and passion about your work.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.