JOB ALERT: We’re hiring a Junior Data Analyst
We’re hiring a Junior Data Analyst
Benefits: BUPA Healthcare + Company Pension + eligible for company bonus scheme
We’re looking for a bright, talented and friendly data analyst / researcher with solid analytical and problem-solving skills to help us create beautiful, engaging and original campaigns for our clients.
Verve Search is a multi-award winning International SEO & Creative Agency, recently acquired by Omnicom Media Group. Our core objective is to deliver cutting-edge work which gets the best international coverage and delivers results for some of the biggest brands across the globe including BBC, Expedia, British Gas and GoCompare.
We’re a team of creative and knowledgeable individuals from 14 different countries, speaking 15 languages. This diversity enables us to grow and support our clients’ business on a global scale. Our work ranges from an 8 gigapixel panaromic photo of the London skyline in 24 Hour London, to beautiful illustrative works such as ET Tourism, to research and data-heavy pieces like this campaign looking at the patterns and trends across Unicorns and their founders.
We believe that work/life balance is essential for a happy, productive team so we’re not your average agency in that respect, and we have carefully created a company culture of support and respect for each other.
When we’re not building awesome campaigns, we’re innovating and creating tools and software that are transforming the SEO industry.
2018 couldn’t be a more exciting to join our rapidly growing team, so if you’re a pro-active and ambitious Data Analyst with the ability to think outside of the box then this could be a perfect opportunity for you…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and multi-talented Junior Data Analyst to join our production team and carry out qualitative and quantitative research for the various projects the team has in production at any given time. When tackling a brief, the Analyst will need to be adept at converting a creative concept into data, questions and hard facts, and be able to present these to an audience with varied data knowledge.
The Junior Data Analyst will have to manage multiple projects and requests from different teams and must be able to deliver outputs in line with expectations. You must be tenacious and willing and able to mine the Internet and other sources for information and be confident in pulling out stories and trends from the data. You need to be able to present your analysis and sourcing of your findings in a written format in layman terms without jeopardizing the integrity of the research.
- Sourcing qualitative and quantitative data from a wide variety of sources (typically online but also often making direct contact with various institutions and academic sources).
- Providing thorough references and citations for your data.
- Think creatively about ways to improving the output, the data gathering/analysis process, and come with suggestions of how to improve the outcome.
- Curating your data to separate the useful from the useless, and thoroughly analysing your findings to pick out trends.
- Presenting your findings in an easily digestible format and make suggestion of how the data should be visualised.
- Providing ongoing research support throughout the production cycle.
- Flag issues with the data or data gathering method and provide alternative solutions. You always need to be flexible and be able to think on your feet.
- Write scripts in order to gather data from different websites.
- Performing exploratory analysis to pull interesting and newsworthy conclusions from your data
- Finding actionable insights to aid internal projects from datasets
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Research/Analyst role is preferred, however not essential.
- Experience in using Python, R, SAS programming languages and libraries.
- Knowledgeable in visualisations products such as Tableau.
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience using Google addons such as; Analytics, Tag Manager, and Sheets (beneficial).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data cleaning and manipulation.
- Extremely strong numerical and data handling skills
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage timelines, plan effectively, and adapt to changing business needs.
Attitude and approach
- A keen attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial and innovative mind-set, being comfortable working within a start-up style environment
- Previous experience at a creative agency, beneficial but not a must
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve and surpass targets
- Ability to work autonomously and to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to come up with innovative and original solutions for campaigns
- Be a team player; with the ability and interest in supporting the wider team, solving problems and coming up with solutions when challenges arise
- Understanding of SEO, beneficial but not a must
Doing it with Verve
Core points to consider when carrying out your work with Verve:
- You are Verve Search. The success of the agency lies in your hands and the work you produce
- Keep learning and sharing your knowledge. If you are faced with a challenge, always try to find a solution before asking for advice from a colleague or your manager
- Attention to detail is vital. Check and double-check your work before submitting it to your manager or client. Regardless of the results, badly formatted report sheets show our clients we don’t care about quality
- Your attitude is contagious. Stay positive and passionate about your work and your colleagues will feel the same
Verve’s Core Values
Verve Search in agency that puts great importance on their company values, we see these values as the DNA of the agency and all our employees are expected to carry out their daily work, by being:
We carry out all these values by being: supportive, understanding, generous and thoughtful, but always challenging and willing to accept, progress and change.
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the UK. Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.