JOB ALERT: We’re hiring a Data Analyst
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Please send job applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits include: 25 days holidays, Aviva Workplace Pension, Company Bonus Scheme and BUPA Healthcare.
Verve Search is an agency driven by creativity, passion and big ideas and your role here as Data Analyst will be a part of our continued success. The following description highlights what is expected in terms of your responsibilities and contribution to the agency.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to join our production team and carry out qualitative and quantitative research for the various projects the team has in production at any given time. When tackling a brief, the Data Analyst will need to be adept at converting a creative concept into data, questions and hard facts, and be able to present these to an audience with varied data knowledge.
The Data Analyst will have to manage multiple projects and requests from different teams and must be able to deliver outputs in line with expectations. You must be tenacious and willing and able to mine the Internet and other sources for information and be confident in pulling out stories and trends from the data. You need to be able to present your analysis and sourcing of your findings in a written format in layman terms without jeopardizing the integrity of the research.
- Sourcing qualitative and quantitative data from a wide variety of sources (typically online but also often making direct contact with various institutions and academic sources).
- Providing thorough references and citations for your data.
- Think creatively about ways to improving the output, the data gathering/analysis process, and come with suggestions of how to improve the outcome.
- Curating your data to separate the useful from the useless, and thoroughly analysing your findings to pick out trends.
- Presenting your findings in an easily digestible format and make suggestion of how the data should be visualised.
- Providing ongoing research support throughout the production cycle.
- Flag issues with the data or data gathering method and provide alternative solutions. You always need to be flexible and be able to think on your feet.
- Write scripts in order to gather data from different websites.
- Performing exploratory analysis to pull interesting and newsworthy conclusions from your data
- Finding actionable insights to aid internal projects from datasets
Skills and experience
- Experience in using Python, R, SAS programming languages and libraries.
- Knowledgeable in visualisations products such as Tableau and
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience using Google add-ons such as; Analytics, Tag Manager, and Sheets (beneficial).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data cleaning and manipulation.
- Extremely strong numerical and data handling skills
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage timelines, plan effectively, and adapt to changing business needs.
Attitude and approach
- A keen attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial and innovative mind-set, being comfortable working within a start-up style environment.
- Previous experience at a creative agency, beneficial but not a must.
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve and surpass targets.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to come up with innovative and original solutions for campaigns.
- Be a team player; with the ability and interest in supporting the wider team, solving problems and coming up with solutions when challenges arise.
- Understanding of SEO, beneficial but not a must.
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE**