JOB ALERT: Senior Golang Back-End Developer
- Bupa Healthcare
- Company Pension
- Company Annual Bonus Scheme
- 25 days Annual Holiday
- 35-hour working week (9:30 to 5:30 with 1 hour for lunch)
- Strict no-overtime policy
- On-going training and also self-development courses
Verve Search is an award winning Digital Marketing Agency specialising in SEO and Creative Content, servicing huge global brands including Expedia, Gocompare.com and Hayes & Jarvis. We have won 15 awards for our work in the past 18 months, including Best SEO Agency in Europe!
We’re a team of creative, passionate and knowledgeable individuals from 19 different countries, speaking 21 languages. This diversity is what drives our award-winning campaigns; it enables us to grow and support our clients’ business on an international scale.
We are extremely passionate about digital marketing, striving to be at the top of our game and evolving our strategies to exceed our clients’ expectations. To us, nothing is impossible; we are committed to creating THE most cutting edge, innovative work – we are fearless, and want a fearless developer to join us!
About this role
The Senior Back-End Developer will have strong technical skills, a passion for learning, and an ability to solve problems.
Over the years the agency has built out a series of tools to make what we do either possible – or just more efficient. This year we plan to build a dedicated in-house resource to regularly build internal tools, launch many of our existing tools to the public and work on one big internal project that’ll become a commercial tool.
Benefitting from our access to vast swathes of third-party data, we’ll be busting industry myths, solving problems that have previously been seen as unsolvable (don’t worry – we already have proof-of-concept) and creating some pretty cool proof-of-concepts along the way.
Whilst you’ll have access to the insight and experience of Verve’s other developers and designers, your role will sit separately as the foundational member of a new team and so, working closely with our Head of Innovation, will be able to shape how this department grows.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of and be proficient in:
- Golang development
- Database administration/development expertise (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Protobuf/gRPC or REST API development
- Process management for Mac OS, Linux and Windows
- Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form
- Focus on project goals and quick delivery rather than over-engineering and premature optimisation.
These skills will also be absolutely necessary for the Senior Backend Developer in his role.
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code.
- Working with our Innovation Team and Senior Management Team on planning and building out the strategy and feature-set for the Golang based project to bring it to market and then iterating.
- Managing own workload to ensure meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Carrying out QA to investigate, diagnose and fix bugs.
- Writing and maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation to accompany your code.
- Working alongside the Head of Innovation to test-and-learn on some of the harder problems we’ll be investigating.
- Refactoring legacy code and working alongside the development team on internal projects.
To Apply, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org