JOB ALERT: Mid weight Web Designer at Verve Search
Job Title: Mid weight Designer
Benefits: BUPA Healthcare + eligible for company bonus scheme
Verve Search is an international, multi award winning Creative Campaigns and SEO agency. We specialise in developing highly creative campaigns that generate significant traffic and attention online. We are digital pioneers and pride ourselves on putting into action ideas that most people would only dream of, working with some of the biggest brands across the globe, including Expedia, Gocompare.com and Unibet.
Our team is a combination of geeks and creative; we think like 50’s ad execs and execute like geeks.
Due to our continued growth Verve Search are hiring a Senior Designer looking to develop their career in a dynamic and exciting environment. This is a very exciting position for anyone looking to shape their career and support the team as a leading edge designer. Getting involved with a diverse range of projects, you will be working across desktop, mobile and native app design – providing amazing opportunities to develop & get your work out there & seen by millions!
The Senior Designer is responsible for helping to transform our clients businesses by coming up with compelling ideas that connect and engage with a range of audiences. No day will be exactly the same.
The primary function of this role is to accurately respond to client briefs by recommending and implementing creative and original ideas across a range of campaigns with both short and medium term time frames.
You will collaborate with the rest of the team on brainstorming new ideas, giving artistic direction to junior members of the team and lead your own projects with minimal input from the Head of Production. Campaigns will include but are not limited to:
- Interactive and static visual assets
- App/online tool ideas and design
- Responsive websites and landing pages
- Videos and motion graphics
As a Senior Designer you will be exceptionally creative & hungry to learn. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an agency environment.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a range of creative skills and conceptual thinking.
- Must be HIGHLY creative and able to come up with concepts and ideas, not afraid to speak up!
- Have incredible attention to detail and able to spot issues with design functionality very early in the process.
- Able to mentor and develop others and give creative direction across all campaigns.
- Must be a keen illustrator and able to create/draw detailed characters.
- Must understand the importance of UX design and strong ability in general web design.
- You MUST be passionate about both illustrations and web design; no task is the same at Verve.
- Be interested in new ways of creating and generating interest from an audience, not simply copying what has done before, pioneering thinking.
- It would be a bonus if you also have experience or knowledge of motion design or video production as well.
- Exceptional in using the following software: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects/Flash and InDesign. Ideally also have experience in using: PremierPro (or other video software).
- A self-motivated disposition, ready to learn & thrive on working as part of a team!
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV and portfolio to us at email@example.com
To apply for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the UK. Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.