CASE STUDY: EXPEDIA SWEDEN, THE VIRTUAL TOUR OF MALMÖHUS CASTLE
Services: SEO, Creative Campaign development and Strategic Outreach
We took an innovative approach by using Google Streetview to create an audio-visual tour of one of Sweden’s most popular tourist attractions. The core objectives were to:
- Generate high authority links
- Increase brand recognition through coverage in local and national Swedish press
- Get a link from Google!
- 58 Linking Root Domains so far
- A total of 12,108 page views to date (the campaign launched 11th Dec 2015).
- Links from the largest authority sites in the region: Visit Sweden, Expressen (circa 12.4M monthly visits), SVT (equivalent to the BBC).
- SVT also filmed an interview about the campaign for a news feature, that appeared on television to an audience of around 1 million.
- Featured in two of the most popular and highest regarded newspapers in the South of Sweden; Lokaltidningen and in Sydsvenskan.
- Politiken, the leading newspaper in Denmark (equivalent to the equivalent to the Times in the UK)
- The Copenhagen Post have featured the campaign on their website, and have also committed to writing a feature about it in their newspaper in the next couple of months.
- Google has interviewed us about the campaign to be featured on the Google Maps Developers Blog in June 2016, with a link!