JOB ALERT: We’re hiring a Front-End Developer
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Bupa Healthcare and Company Bonus Scheme
Verve Search is an award winning Digital Marketing Agency specialising in SEO and Creative Content, currently servicing huge global brands including Expedia, Gocompare.com and Sage. We have won 10 awards for our work in the past 12 months, including Best SEO Agency in the UK and Europe!
We’re a team of creative, passionate and knowledgeable individuals from 12 different countries, speaking 15 languages. This diversity is what drives our award-winning campaigns; it enables us to grow and support our clients’ business on an international scale. Some of our most recent work includes a Google Streetview tour of the Cavern Club, a celebration of the artist Edward Hopper and this data-heavy piece looking at the patterns and trends across Unicorns and their founders.
Our campaigns regularly get coverage from;
We are extremely passionate about digital marketing, striving to be at the top of our game and evolving our strategies to exceed our clients’ expectations. To us, nothing is impossible; we are committed to creating THE most cutting edge, innovative campaigns – we are fearless, and want a fearless Front-End Developer to join us!
About this role
We are looking for a talented and pioneering developer with broad front-end experience to lead the technical development of the creative campaigns we produce. The role requires strong technical skills, great time management and an ability to solve problems. This is an exciting position as your work will be cutting edge and seen by millions of people across the globe. Every day is different, but essentially will consist of the following;
- Developing and maintaining responsive front-end web apps
- Working alongside designers to implement internal and external (client) feedback
- Managing own workload to ensure meeting internal and external deadlines
- Carrying out QA to investigate, diagnose and fix bugs
- Writing and maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation to accompany your code
- Working with other team members to collect requirements and write technical specifications and functional requirements documents
- Writing RESTful APIs and integration with 3rd party systems and API’s (social networks etc.)
- Refactoring legacy code and working alongside the development team on internal projects
Desirable skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Web Development experience
- Experience with React.js, CSS(Sass, Less), HTML
- A good understanding of design patterns and a range of data structures
- Experience with Linux server administration, deployment and migration strategies
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge in PHP
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Java, Python or Ruby
- Unit Testing and TDD
Want to come and join the destination for digital pioneers?
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.