JOB ALERT: We’re hiring a Full-Stack Developer
Salary: Up to £40k, depending on experience
Benefits: Bupa Healthcare and Company Bonus Scheme
Verve Search is looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our team! We are an award winning International SEO and Content Marketing Agency, currently servicing huge global brands including Expedia, Gocompare.com and Sage. This year alone we have won 10 awards for our work, including Best Agency in Europe!
We are extremely passionate about digital marketing, striving to be at the top of our game and evolving our strategies to exceed our clients’ expectations. We consider ourselves to be the best in our field, and would never feel satisfied unless we’re creating stuff our competitors only dream of!
We’re a team of creative, passionate and knowledgeable individuals from 12 different countries, speaking 15 languages. This diversity is what drives our award-winning campaigns; it enables us to grow and support our clients’ business on an international scale.
To us, nothing is impossible; we are committed to creating THE most cutting edge, innovative campaigns – we are fearless, and want a fearless developer to join us!
About the role
We are looking for a talented and pioneering developer with broad full-stack experience to lead the technical development of the creative campaigns we produce. The role requires strong technical skills, great time management and an ability to solve problems. This is a really exciting position as your work will be cutting edge and seen by millions of people across the globe. Every day is different, but essentially will consist of the following;
Producing high-quality work using the latest techniques
- Delivering high-quality cross-browser front-end applications with responsive app design, accessibility, mobile first development.
- Working with back-end technologies and frameworks
- Tackling common web security vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF, Broken Authentication, and Session Management.
- Developing innovative and exciting native applications
- Working within a talented team to deliver quality, tested code.
- Ensuring code has quality, scalability, availability, simplicity, performance, operability and security.
- Desire and drive to understand business priorities and drivers, and understand how to work with and balance constraints (timescales, scope, cost, etc.)
- Great analytical skills and the ability to work with the Data Analyst to solve complex problems that requires concurrent and parallel programming.
- Ability to tweak application performance and finding solutions and workarounds for performance bottlenecks.
- Working closely with both the campaign manager and head of operations to improve internal processes.
Leading by example
- Positive and always looking at the half-full part of the glass.
- Always taking initiative to improve self-productivity as well as the productivity of the organisation.
- Training and working with the junior developers to improve the productivity of the development team, and the production team in general.
- Being an advocate for the development team and to the whole organisation, assisting with planning, and defining requirements specifications.
Ideally you will have experience in,or a broad understanding of, or at least a willing to learn the following:
- Computer engineering background or qualification, with good understanding of what is happening on the hardware-level.
- You are passionate about web development and learning about the latest technologies – you know all the latest work arounds and hacks!
- Experience developing desktop applications in at least one of the following languages Java, C++, Objective C, Swift, etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and ability to design production-ready SQL databases.
- Working knowledge of distributed source control – e.g. Git.
- Experience in designing and working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS services is an advantage.
- You are the kind of person who will thrive in a team environment
- You don’t fail, you learn!
An additional bonus would be:
- A minimum 3 years professional web developer experience
- Testing using technologies such as (at least one of) Jasmine, Chai, Selenium, and mocking frameworks
- Knowledge of end-to-end application architecture to be able to deliver solutions which can scale to millions.
- Experience of developing applications in node.js.
- Understanding of agile, CI/CD, kanban, automated testing (TDD, BDD, Selenium).
- UX design experience.
- Experience in working within a team of developers and designers, with strong communication skills
Want to come and join the destination for digital pioneers?
Doing it with Verve
Core points to consider when carrying out your work with Verve:
- You are Verve Search. The success of the agency lies in your hands and the work you produce.
- Keep learning and sharing your knowledge. If you are faced with a challenge, always try to find a solution before asking for advice from a colleague or your manager.
- Attention to detail is vital. Check and double-check your work before submitting it to your manager or client. Regardless of the results, badly formatted report sheets show our clients we don’t care about quality.
- Your attitude is contagious. Stay positive and passionate about your work and your colleagues will feel the same.
Verve’s Core Values
Verve Search in agency that puts great importance on their company values, we see these values as the DNA of the agency and all our employees are expected to carry out their daily work, by being:
We carry out all these values by being: supportive, understanding, generous and thoughtful, but always challenging and willing to accept, progress and change.
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the UK. Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.