BloggersLisa Myers Matt Lindley Ruth Harrison Roberts Josie Sampson Marta Lopez Garcia Suhail Abood Luke Walmsley Marie Falk Petersen Glen McMurry Manil Fernando Mike Perry Agnes Stenlund Reuben Alghali Areej AbuAli Elina Eronen Piper James Finlayson James Congdon Anastasija Timoscenko
CategoryAll SEO Technical SEO On Page Off Page Link Development Mobile Local Tools Schema Google Shopping Content Outreach Content Marketing Social Facebook Twitter Google Plus Online PR PPC News Conferences Verve News Jobs Awards Interviews Videos Presentations
#ContentMarketingShow: It’s Not Just About the Written Word
“We all fall into the trap of thinking Content Marketing is just about written content, on a page. But today, we’re going to learn something mind-bending and amazing.” ~ Kelvin Newman
Content Marketing Is: Video and The Power of Stories
- A few years ago, businesses couldn’t see the value of video. But then, something special happened. The universe intervened. YouTube. happened. Mobiles got faster. Our video marketing business took off. We started making videos for HSBC, Unilever. Our company evolved. Our clients needed help.
- This is the hero’s journey. Think Star Wars. Again.
- The hero’s journey distills the story and connects with us on a base level.
- Film is the most efficient way of communicating stories. People don’t need to use their imaginations. Film does it for them.
- Statistics show you only have 10 seconds to capture the viewer’s attention (when using video marketing).
- The Hero’s Journey: Journey. Death. Return. – It works.
- If you want to get seen, you want to use social media to get your content out there. Especially for the people who aren’t actively looking for your content.
- Viral videos often use archetypes – Journey. Death. Return. – The Hero’s Journey.
- Think Old Spice. I’m on a horse.
- Brands and businesses need stories NOW more than ever
- To tell stories, you need the right technology.
Video Marketing Tips from the #ContentMarketingShow