CASE STUDY: EXPEDIA FINLAND, THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ALVAR
Services: SEO, Creative Campaign development and Strategic Outreach
The objectives: Alvar Aalto was a pioneering architect and a cultural icon in Finland. This year marked the the 40th anniversary of his death, and so, to commemorate his legacy, and celebrate his life’s work we created a piece which features 15 of his most celebrated buildings. The core objectives were to:
- Generate high authority links
- Increase brand recognition through coverage in local, and national Finnish press
- 79 Linking Root Domains so far
- A total of 37,248 page views to date (the campaign launched 4th May 2016).
- Links from the biggest newspapers of the country: Iltalehti and Ilta-Sanomat.
- Both local and national tourist boards also featured the campaign. We received links from This is Finland, Visit Finland as well as Visit Espoo (the second biggest city of Finland).
- The piece as featured in the top regional papers: Etelä-Suomen Sanomat, Karjalainen, Keskisuomalainen, Savon Sanomat and Ilkka.
- High authority sites in research and education also linked to it. Academy of Finland embedded the piece on their news site tietysti.fi and fi, a national education portal saved it to their architecture archives.
- ArchDaily, the largest architecture portal on the web, featured the campaign on five different country versions.