CASE STUDY: EXPEDIA UK, THE ACCENT MAP
Services: SEO, Creative Campaign development and Strategic Outreach
Markets: UK and International
- Achieve top-tier, authoritative, editorially valid links
- Support brand recognition efforts and generate traffic
- Increase ranking and organic visibility for UK & Ireland Holidays, Weekend Breaks and Hotels page.
Social engagement was not an objective on it’s own but was part of the strategy in order to improve the chances of securing links with big authority sites.
- 310,000 views. As the campaign included the Expedia logo, this equates to significant brand recognition.
- Overall, we achieved an 8.2% increase in organic traffic to Expedia’s UK and Ireland Holidays page.
- In one day alone the campaign delivered 23,585 page views to the Expedia UK site and 310,431 page views in total.
- After three months 250,000 unique users from over 200 different countries made over 1,000,000 guesses on the play mode, giving us an authoritative data set of correct/incorrect answers.
- A total of 19,929 social shares (not including Twitter shares)
- 73 links from 52 Linking Root Domains
- Offline Coverage on UBC Radio 1
- More that 250,000 unique users from over 200 different countries made over 1,000,000 guesses on the play mode.
- Links from very high authority sites: Telegraph, Mashable, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Independent, Visit Britain, BT, Belfast Telegraph and BBC.